Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Gearing up for Earrings


















I'm off to New York in about, oh, 3 hours (!), to teach a weekend workshop at the 92nd St Y. The class will focus on wooden earrings like the demo pieces pictured above. I'll emphasize using readily available tools and materials to achieve a wide range of effects.


















The students will have only 2 days in the studio (Friday and Sunday, with Saturday off), so I'm trying to think of ways to help them hit the ground running. Since I didn't really get hooked on woodworking until I'd tried a number of kinds of wood and learned to appreciate their different properties, I've put together class pack that include 11 kinds of wood, as well as bamboo and a tagua nut; above, my pack factory.


















I know I've forgotten
something!

No comments:

Post a Comment